A message from the Mayor Lucassen:
I’m your Mayor, Linda Lucassen. I have been a resident of the Round Lake area since 1977, Village Clerk from April 1997-2011, Village Trustee from 2011-2013, and Mayor since May of 2013.
I have always loved working in my community, it has always been important to me to give back, whether it be through Scouts, Welcome Wagon, treasurer for the local chapter of Neighborhood Watch, or the Central Lake County Joint Action Water Agency, [for whom I served on the board, (they provide our Lake Michigan drinking water)]. In addition I have been and continue to be a member of the Northwest Lake County Whole Sale Sewer Policy Advisory Committee, and CenCom (police and fire dispatch center for the Round Lake Area, Barrington and Antioch).
I am very proud that much has been accomplished in “the Park” since 2013:
- Installation of new street lights on Main Street
- Remodel and update of the Village Hall
- The new sign in front of the Round Lake Park Police Department
- The village partnering with the University of Illinois Extension to host the Illinois Junior Chiefs and Senior Cooking classes at our Village Hall
- The Main Street update with new parking brick pavers, sidewalks and bike path.
In 2017 I look forward to:
- Implementing a new housing development program in the hopes we help the village acquire, rehab and flip abandoned properties.
- The Police Pension will be accomplished at state required levels thanks to the approval this past fall of the Police Pension Fund referendum.
- Additionally, improvements to Main Street will attract new establishments to the village.
- We are adding a page on our website designated to the businesses in the village.
- And we are totally revamping the website!!!